- He got to go to his “night” Halloween party.
- He got to wear his cape and mask and be Super Joshua!
Zoë is stoked because:
- She got to come along tonight to Josh’s Halloween party!
- She managed to actually fill her Halloween bag with sweets: Two chocolate eyeballs and a gumdrop. Which was three more than what Josh got (zero!), because Josh was busy running around being Super Joshua and didn’t really check out the various sweets available (thank goodness!).
- She had her very first lollipop. (This was what she thanked Jesus for at bedtime prayers tonight: “Thank you, Jesus, for lollipop at Koko’s school and Zoë brush teeth after.”)
I am stoked because:
- Both Josh and Zoë had a really wonderful time at the Halloween party. I am SO glad that we went. I had such fun watching them have a blast. I am SO, SO glad we went.
- Zoë’s glee at coming along to Josh’s Halloween party was absolutely priceless. She was already waiting downstairs in her purple cape when we drove by to pick her up after Josh’s Socatots class. The first thing she said when she climbed into the car was “I go to party, Mommy.” During the entire 15-minute drive to Josh’s school, she couldn’t stop smiling and talking about going to “HAH-luh-ween” party.
- Chris is home from his trip to Malaysia and he got me some muruku (a popular South Indian snack), after I’d mentioned that I’d been craving for some after seeing them mentioned in Veronica’s Diwali post.
- I just finished making mini spider brownie cupcakes for Josh to bring to school tomorrow. Not exactly a work of art, but I know that Josh will be thrilled with how they look. Aren’t they creepy? Taste-wise? I know the brownies are yummy, but I don’t know how weird the taste would be overall, because I used nori for the legs and the top. I also used a thin layer of vanilla frosting to “glue” the nori in place and I used green gel icing for the eyes.
Chris is stoked because:
- He’s home!
- He gets to eat the leftover brownies!
Happy Friday, everyone!