I’ve been tagged. By Tami at Hearts Make Families. who was tagged by Amy at Moving On From the Drama, who was tagged by Amanda at 'Manda Blogs About, who was tagged by Jen at Jael Custom Designs, who was tagged by Ivette at WAHM BAHM, who was tagged by Heather at Top Ten Christmas Blog to participate in her Christmas Meme.
1) Have you started your Christmas shopping? Yes. I've been pretty organized this year and have managed to ship off the prezzies for the overseas cousins / nieces before the end of October!
2) Tell me about one of your special traditions. We’re a rather “young” family. We’re still feeling our way and starting our own traditions. We made some Christmas ornaments this year and I can see us doing a little bit of that every Christmas for the years to come.
3) When do you put up your Tree? Mid-November! We put our tree up before Thanksgiving this year. As soon as the tree is up, the ‘magic’ comes on, like Christmas is ‘officially’ coming. That’s how I’ve always felt.
4) Are you a Black Friday shopper? We don’t have Black Friday here and even if we do, the answer would be no. I don’t do crowds very well.
5) Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home? We used to visit my in-laws every Christmas, but now we do that in the summer and we spend Christmas at home instead.
6) What is your funniest Christmas memory? Not sure if this counts as funny, but the very first Christmas I’d spent with Chris’ family (we were not married yet then), I got teased when Chris opened his present and they saw that I’d given him a set of Oneida flatware. I’d only gotten him the set because he did not have any decent flatware in his apartment. They were teasing Chris as well that he should “take the hint.”
7) What is your favorite Christmas music of all time? I love all Christmas music, hymns or pop.
8) Do you do your own Christmas Baking? What’s your favorite treat? Yes, I do some baking. Favorite treat would be choc chip oatmeal cookies.
9) Fake or Real Tree? Fake tree, although I would dearly love a real one. I just love the scent of pine... It’s more practical for us to have a fake tree.
10) What day (as a Mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? Panic? Why?
11) Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? Yes, a few pieces.
12) What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? Christmas morning after breakfast, when we open gifts. It’s just so sweet as we sit there on the floor and watch the children get so excited and happy over their presents.
13) What Christmas craft do you like the best? Does the gingerbread house kit count?
14) Christmas music? Yes or No. And if yes, What is your favorite song? Yes, definitely YES! I really love The Night Before Christmas, from Amy Grant’s Home for Christmas album. For a moment, I actually wondered if I could somehow incorporate that song into my wedding music, even though I got married in the summer!
15) When do you plan to finish all your shopping? I don’t really have a specific date in mind.
Any blogger is welcome to participate in this meme, even if you haven’t been tagged yet. Heather will go back and add your blog link to the list if you want to play along.
Just simply copy and paste the questions into your blog, and then answer them.
Then tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged. When you post your blog, please spread some Christmas cheer, and leave a link back to Heather's Top Ten Christmas Blog, and the blog that you were tagged by which happens to be Mamahood, Among Other Things....
Here are my 5: