Kim from Little by Little and Tamar from Random-osity both tagged me in this fun meme and I thought I’d play along. To save you from a super long post, though, I merged their questions as best I could.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Eleven random facts about me~
1. If I have a choice between sweet and salty food, I’d almost always pick the salty one. I could resist sweets and would happily pass on desserts, but I have trouble saying no to chips.
2. It seemed that a lot of my friends wore braces growing up and I’d wanted to wear braces, too, even though I didn’t need them. I covered up my teeth with aluminum foil one time and just walked around the house pretending I had braces. Braces didn’t look so cool after that.
3. I’m a word nerd and I love games like Boggle, Scrabble, Scattergories, Balderdash, Words With Friends, Word Bubbles… you get the idea. I never turn down a game of Word With Friends, so let me know if you want to play!
4. My guilty pleasure: Dancing with the Stars. Ever since my friend got me to watch the season (can’t remember the number) when Kristi Yamaguchi won the Mirror Ball, I’ve been hooked. Haven’t missed a season since.
5. The best vacation I’ve ever taken has got to be the trip we just took with kids –to Cebu. Everything just fell together. Even though rain was predicted for the duration of our stay, it only drizzled that first day we arrived, but was wonderful the rest of the trip. The kids had an absolute blast, the food was great… Now the kids keep asking when we’re going to go back. Zoë even suggested that we move there!
6. When I watch basketball games, you might hear me muttering (or yelling) to the screen, “Box out! Move! Yes! Seriously?!” I don’t care that the players can not hear me and that I might just look and sound a tad ridiculous when I do that. I can’t help myself.
7. I need to always be reading a book. I feel a bit lost when I don’t have a book lined up when I finish with the current one.
8. Excluding Antarctica, the only other continent that I hadn’t set foot on is South America. I’d love to visit Peru, Brazil… someday.
9. There were 39 (I think) in our high school graduating class. I went to a small private school and that was it –39 seniors, –in the entire graduating batch.
10. I hoard. Yikes. There, I admitted it. Good thing Chris is a purge-r.
11. If I could have tea or coffee or spend one day with anyone, it would be Ellen de Generes. I initially wanted to say Katharine Hepburn, but then I figured I would be too intimidated and be too much in awe of her to enjoy my tea. With Ellen, on the other hand, I probably could just sit back and just watch and listen and be thoroughly entertained.
Kim’s and Tamar’s questions:
1. What languages do you speak? Wish you spoke any more?
I speak English, Tagalog, Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, and the local dialect of Heshan. I know rudimentary French –I can understand it better than I can speak it, though. I wish I could speak it more fluently. I’ve always loved languages and almost majored in European Languages had my father not persuaded me to look into another discipline instead.
2. What is your favorite book and why?
I don’t think I have one favorite book, but these are books that I have read several times over: Boy’s Life (Robert McCammon), The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry), and To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee). Boy’s Life is the least known of the three, I reckon, but I love it. The one word that I’d use to describe that book is… magical.
2. If you could live in any other country in the world, where would you live?
This is tough. Top of mind, I would say France, because I am such a Francophile and I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed myself whenever I visited. BUT much as I delight in French cuisine, I would desperately miss honest to goodness, authentic Chinese and southeast Asian fare. Food trumps culture in my book.
3. What is your favorite comfort food?
This! Creamy chicken with peaches. I’d included the link to the recipe in this post. (Okay, so my comfort food is not very Chinese nor southeast Asian… go figure!)
4. Name one of your goals for this year.
To be in the pictures more with the kids instead of always being the one behind the lens.
5. What nicknames do you have?
Sing, Mama, The Queen (Zoë calls me that sometimes.)
6. Name one item you never leave home without. / Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall?
My keys. / Fall.
7. Name your current favorite show. / Reality tv, yay or nay?
Haha, I guess it’s a yea from me, as I’m eagerly awaiting the new season of Dancing with the Stars. I don’t watch TV, but I do try to catch up on YouTube.
8. What relaxes you the most?
A good book, with a cup of tea on the side, and soothing music playing in the background.
9. What is your favorite beauty product?
I love my Clarins ultra-matte oil-free foundation.
10. How'd you start blogging?
I don’t remember exactly how. I don’t even remember how I’d first heard of blogs! Two words: Mommy brain.
11. Name your favorite song of all time.
I’ve thought long and hard and still couldn’t come up with one. Current favorite, though, is Adele’s Rolling in the Deep.
1. What is your bag style – big purse, backpack, messenger bag, etc.?
2. Do you collect anything? If yes, what?
3. What is one beauty advice you swear by.
4. Pet peeves?
5. Do you recycle gifts?
6. If you are to give yourself a Native American name, what would it be (Sitting Pretty, Laughing Burp…)?
7. Do you still read the papers or do you get most of your news online?
8. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
9. Do you still write letters and cards or do you do them electronically these days?
10. Leather watch strap or metal?
11. What was your favorite subject in school?
I am tagging ~
1) Jade at JadeKeller.com
2) Rachel at Once Upon a Miracle
3) Stephanie at How to Survive Life in the Suburbs