1. Simple – Zoë’s birthday was yesterday, but we brought a cake to school share with her classmates on Friday. I had plans of attempting this very elaborate, very pretty pink cake. But who was I kidding? I am no Cake Boss (as you can tell from the piping!). I ended up making a simple strawberry bundt instead.
2. Grain – Since she already had a birthday cake the day before,
we I decided to go with chocolate crinkles for her actual birthday instead. I might bake another cake next week when my parents are in town and we’ll celebrate again. (Okay, so I know this is a stretch for grain, but the pic does look a bit grainy, right?)
3. Transportation – Josh’s “transportation” of choice around the playground is his scooter. He would zoom around and try to race his friends.
4. Stitch – From the archives, a ‘stitched’ panorama… (tutorial on how to make one here).
5. Bubbles – The Strawberry Smash for Zoë’s birthday cake… and these are the bubbles from when it started to boil.