26 February 2013
24 February 2013
2. Getting Ready – Zoë was getting ready to climb over the top and go down from the other side when I asked her to stop so that I could take a pic of her sweet face.
3. Playtime – Zoë loves playing with this game. It is called Code Breaker and very similar to Master Mind. A little less challenging than Master Mind, even though you have more color combinations to work with, so it is perfect for the little ones.
4. Time to Eat - I had been wanting to try to make this coconut cake for the longest time and finally had the occasion to make it. The kids agreed to wait until Daddy comes home before partaking of it.
19 February 2013
17 February 2013
1. Kiss – Josh trying to plant a wet one on Zoë
2. Red – The finale of the Lion Dance performance –the unfolding of the banner (that roughly wishes everybody “Ten thousand things according to thy will.”) There were two guys “inside” the lion up on a high pole being held upright by a group of men. No safety net. It was an amazing show.
3. Love – Zoë reading to Baby Bear at bedtime.
15 February 2013
14 February 2013
12 February 2013
It was raining ever so, so lightly. I’m not even sure if it would classify as rain. It felt more like I was walking through a very fine mist of spray of Evian. You could see the rain and it looked more like snow flurries. (See that part of the photo near the roofs.) It was magical.
11 February 2013
When I first learned that this is what we are to do for this month’s project, I was thinking, “Hmm, I will have to find out how to do this.” When I finally read up on it, I had the challenge of coming up with what to shoot.
Procrastinator that I am, this (composite) photo below was taken this afternoon! The kids were good sports and played and spun while I shot away.
Then came the challenge of selecting which shots to use and then stitching them together. Tedious, but fun at the same time. Zoë saw the picture and was amazed that there were two of her and two of Josh!
10 February 2013
Today is the first day of the Year of the Snake… so happy lunar new year!
The kids have the week off from school.
Chris has three days off from work.
Time to chill, time to meet up with friends.
I love long holidays, even when we don’t have anything major planned.
1. The Small Things
4. Work of Art – Zoë drew this today. She says it’s me.
5. Window Beauty
05 February 2013
Then he got out some watercolor paper, brushes, a palette, and watercolor paints. Zoë, who was doing something else at the time, wanted in on the action, too. So both of them got on the floor and started painting away.
03 February 2013
1. Hidden – Can you see the strawberry? In a couple of weeks, it looks like we might have a strawberry or two.
2. Plain – Josh has been asking us for a pet dog. It is highly unlikely that we will get one. I was explaining to him why when a lady who was walking her dogs overheard us and she offered for Josh to walk one of the dogs… all the way back to where we’d parked our car. Now that is just plain kindness. (Sorry, really stretching this one…)